Indian cryptocurrency exchange WazirX will delist and cease trading on all trading pairs for EasyFi (EZ) on Aug. 11. It will continue to support withdrawals of these tokens from WazirX until Nov. 12.
See related article: Binance to stop off-chain transfers with India’s WazirX
- WazirX periodically reviews each digital asset it lists and when a coin or token no longer meets the standard or the industry changes, the company delists it, WazirX said in a statement Tuesday.
- The exact trading pairs to be removed are EZ/INR and EZ/USDT, and deposits of these tokens from WazirX will be suspended on Aug. 11.
- All open trade orders will be removed after trading ceases in each respective trading pair, the company said.
- Some of the factors Wazir considers before deciding which tokens to delist include the token’s trading volume and liquidity, network or smart contract stability, and evidence of unethical or fraudulent conduct or negligence.
- WazirX, one of India’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges by volume, has been under regulatory scrutiny since the Directorate of Enforcement, responsible for enforcing economic laws and fighting economic crime, started investigating cases of alleged foreign exchange violations.
See related article: India’s crypto tax will incur losses for government, says WazirX CEO